The new product button is to manually add a product by entering all the relevant data required.
Most of the product fields are self-explanatory, none the less below you can find an explanation of each field and why this is used.
- Item – Item / product name
- Description – product description
- Price – Product price
- Unique ID – Unique ID is one of those fields that requires more information than the rest. If importing data from another software like an inventory software or accounts application at times items have their own unique ID. For data continuity interfacing and other requirements this field allows you to link a unique product ID from another software to this particular record.
- Nominal Code – Once more for interfacing purposes Timestead allows you to take note of product nominal codes within its products table.
- Tax Code – Tax Codes operate pretty much the same and allow you to add product tax codes from other applications and link them to the record.
- Active – The Active drop down enables you to activate or de-activate the product.